Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Journal Prompt of the day: Tell me about your family.

Ok I'm going to address this question from the standpoint of where my family came here from and my origins.

My father's family arrived in the States in around 1900 from Southern Wales. I have documents that date back at least until 1815 and then I get lost. With that I have german ancestors that married into the family. There is a bit of a mystery though, My 3rd great-grandfather had a brother. I have no idea what happened to him after the 1880 British Census.

Mom's family is even harder because most are far removed from each other and the older people kept no records. I know my mom's mom's family is from Ireland and all 5 of my great aunts and mother have either RED hair or Strawberry blonde hair.My mom's Mom's dad's family is German.Mom's Dad's Family was primarily from England and Germany I think, and there is speculation that there is some Italian thrown in for flavor but I don't have definite proof of the connection. Not sure where the Dutch plays in either but I'm told I have some of that in my blood too.

Anyhow, A lot of Families in Suth NJ are probably cousins of mine through one family or another. LOTS of the Irish families there are kin to me distantly.

No comments: